no rules...no politics...just ridin'

We Will Remember Them


Today is Anzac Day, the day Australians remember those service personnel that have made the ultimate sacrifice. It was on this day 91 years ago that our troops landed on the beaches of the Gallipoli Peninsula in Turkey, joining the Great War. Around 8,000 Australian soldiers lost their lives in the battle to gain control of this stretch of land, with a large number dying in the first few days of the landing.

It is a very solemn and moving day with a large number of people attending dawn services around the country and later, the Anzac Parade of returned service personnel marching through the city.

I enjoy the freedom and comforts of my life today because of the sacrifces made by those who served my country both in the past and the present. On this day, I will remember them.

For the Fallen...

They shall grow not old,

As we that are left grow old.

Age shall not weary them,

Nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun,

And in the morning,

We will remember them.

LEST WE FORGET


1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

I am humbled and I am with you in remberance of your fallen heros. I for one cannot thank them enough for keeping me free of harm and free to ride. In your country, I am sure it is the same. Thanks for them.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home