no rules...no politics...just ridin'

Fishing...I know...it's not bike related...but...

I was lucky enough to get a call from Snappa - a mate of mine who rides a VTX - on Saturday afternoon asking if I wanted to go out on the boat with him on Saturday night - of course I jumped at the chance. I had only ever been out on a boat fishing once before and you never knock an opportunity like this back when offered. Anyway, I rode up to his place arriving about 1:00am - another mate of his was also coming and he was already there so not long after I arrived we headed off in the car with boat in tow.

The plan was to head out off Mooloolaba and we did just that - took about an hour to get to our destination and then the fishing began. Were kept busy reeling em in - I had never fished in water that deep (about 80 mts) and man when you've got a snapper fighting against you on the end of your line and you have to reel him in all that way - well lets just say I got my monthly dose of exercise. We stayed out on the water till about 11:30am - witnessed a spectacular sunrise and caught a few fish.

I'm not going to go on anymore about it but it was a great experience - the guys taught me a few things which I really appreciated, I managed to hook a couple of good feeds and the weather was great. Doesn't get much better than this!! Check out more of Snappa's fishing tales here.

One of my fish


The catch

Snappa's boat - oddly named "Snappa"

1 Comments:

Blogger Beaker said...

Mate, I had a great time. Still trying to work out how to cook em though - might try baking them in the Weber.

Will definitely contact you when I next do a run.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home