no rules...no politics...just ridin'

An Expensive Weekend

Unbudgetted Expense No 1 - Unavoidable and Inconvenient
My camera looks like it is dead - went to check it before leaving for our trip on the weekend and it just died with the lens fully extended. I did try to power it up using the 12V adaptor and nothing happened. It seems like something has blown in it, so looks like I will be visiting the camera store to get this one fixed. Consequently, my post for the weekend away at Bikers Dream will be picture free until I can get hold of some of the other guys to mail their pics my way.

Unbudgetted Expense No 2 - Totally Avoidable and Stupid
Kat had to get to an appointment mid afternoon on the Monday holiday, so we left the Bikers Dream group at a lookout on the road coming down the range from Queen Victoria Falls. As we were riding towards Ipswich, just after passing through Boonah, I passed a police car doing 119 in a 100 zone. We were heading up to the top of a crest in the road and so I thought I would give the bike a bit to reach the top - next thing the cop car came over the top of the hill heading in the other direction. Doh!! Of course as soon as I looked in my mirror his lights came on, so I just pulled over there and then. He turned and pulled up behind me as I sat on my bike cursing and swearing while Kat tried to calm me. He slugged me 3 points and $150 for the privelage. I feel like putting a smart arse comment in here about what a prick the guy was, but he was only doing his job and it is me who was the idiot!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Giest said...

sorry to hear about the ticket...i hate those times. as much as i want to blame it on someone else, it's no ones fault but my own. i've been pegged for speeding on bike and in cage. i find that lately, with the bike, i drive much more within the speed limits. might be due to actually feeling how fast i'm going.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Biker Betty said...

What a chain of bad luck. Sorry to hear about both the camera and ticket. Well, it's gotta get better now. :)

1:19 PM  
Blogger ellopez said...

it's always something. it seems like the more you look forward to something the more ugly things seem to pop up. I'm more interested in the 100 zone. do you mean 100 mph is the limit. yikes.
well, enjoy and know that your insights to putting are enjoyed here stateside...
brl

8:59 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

It IS always something...I'm everything I have that has a spark plug in it has an issue...from my lawm mower to the van...sigh...when it rains it pours.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Giest said...

if i'm correct, i think "down under" uses kilometers. so that would be around 60 miles per hour.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Beaker said...

Yes, my apologies - giest is correct - we are metric in Australia. I should have thought about that before posting it. I was doing 119kmh/74mph in a 100km/62mph zone.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home