no rules...no politics...just ridin'

Indecisive Drivers

Well it happened again this morning!! I was on my way into work at about 6am. It was still dark but the sun was on it's way. As usual I pulled up at the intersection of Manly and Wynnum Roads, sitting on the inside lane of Manly Road. Now I ride with my high beam and spotties on at this time of morning coz there is always someone who is still half asleep. Anyway, the lights turn red for the Wynnum Road traffic and I see a car approaching the intersection on my left to turn onto Manly Road into my lane. The lights turn green and I move off - as I get to the middle of the intersection, this idiot decides to try and beat the traffic and so starts pulling out into my lane. He then changes his mind and slows down, but then changes his mind again and takes off, cutting me off and moving into the middle lane. Obviously I had to brake heavily to avoid him but I kind of half expected him to do this, so was prepared.

I don't usually give it to cagers that do things like this, but what this guy did was just plain stupid. There is no way he would not have seen me with all my lights on. I pulled up along side him and yelled at him to open his eyes, but instead of giving me a wave of apology which most people will do, this dickhead just looked at me and kept on driving.

I just cannot understand why people do this sort of thing - once you make a decision to go, then you just go - indecisive drivers are very, very dangerous. I have experienced cagers pulling out in front of me at this intersection before, but all of them have moved quickly and I only ever needed to touch the brakes, if at all, to avoid them.

Ahhhhh.....just frustrated at the stupidity of this guy. Glad I got that of my chest!!

This is what my bike looks like when lit up - how could he not see it??

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Gymi said...

I had a close call yesterday as I was riding to my parents house. the main road that I usually take is having a bit of work done to it and you are unable to make a left hand turn on to their street from it. So you have to take a slight detour that take you down the side street that parallels the main drag. As I approached their street, a one ton Ford work van blew the stop sign going about 35 mph. The street I was on has no stop sign at this intersection so traffic has the right of way at this intersection. This was a case of timing, if I arrived two or three seconds earlier, I would have been dog meat. It scared the bejesus out of me, I'm just glad I was a little late reaching the intersection. And you and I came through our close calls with no harm done.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Biker Betty said...

Beaker, the guy is a definite idiot!!! You have two lights more then me and in the dark, with no one else around, he couldn't miss you. He was a definite Jack A**!!

I'm glad you're okay, and Gymi too. Betty

9:31 AM  
Blogger Biker Betty said...

PS: Is that a new picture up top? I love it!! :)

9:32 AM  
Blogger Beaker said...

Yeah Betty, new pic - inspired by what I saw on Christine's site a couple of weeks back. Taken down in northern New South Wales - Mt Warning in the background is the first piece of Australia that the sun touches - a good climb too!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Biker Betty said...

That is an absolutely awesome shot!!! When the right shot comes around I will have to try what you and Christine have done. They are great looking toppers.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

You are lit up! Should bring a couple of eggs in your pockets from now on and just throw the dam things at the cages when they do that! That'll show them.
I do like your pic at the top too!!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home