no rules...no politics...just ridin'

Advanced Rider Training

I have just enrolled myself in one of the Sunday sessions of the Safer Motorcycle Advanced Rider Training (SMART) Program. These are put on by the Gold Coast City Council and are only $45, which I think is a really good deal. I don't think any competant rider would believe for one second that this training would not be of benefit - I know I am always looking for ways to broaden my riding skills, however these training days are normally quite expensive.

The Gold Coast City Council should be commended for providing this and for subsidising the cost - this will surely increase attendance numbers and be of great benefit to all attendees. They have taken a big step towards reducing the biker road toll in their region - the state government needs to take notice of what they are doing and look at more positive ways of reducing the road toll instead of the money grabbing speed cameras/radars.

It is a full day of training covering the following.....

For further details check out the info page on their website here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Biker Betty said...

Wow, that is a great deal. I'm wanting to take the course. Most likely will do it next summer. It is an expensive course, but if it's as good as the beginner course, it's well worth it. That is a full schedule. Have fun.

12:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home