no rules...no politics...just ridin'

Nearly.....

Phew, I was lucky this morning on the way into work. I took my usual route through Cooparoo to check my mail box and reached the Stanley Street intersection where I was forced to look directly into the early morning sun for traffic. I saw what I thought was a gap and took off to merge when I hear a horn and check my mirrors to see a lady very hard on the brakes and right behind me. Obviously I had not seen her and had ridden directly into her path. This near miss really only hit me when I got off the bike at work (my heart is still pounding now) - I was extremely lucky not to be spread across the road. She did a good job in trying to avoid hitting me and for that I thank her, whoever she is.

This incident was totally my own fault. Another example of not looking hard enough - us bike riders can never take anything for granted!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home