no rules...no politics...just ridin'

A Weekend Missed In Motorcycle Paradise

I was unable to get out on the better roads over the weekend, besides the ride down and back along the M1 to Kat's place at Kingscliff. Was Fathers Day yesterday so was able to spend a bit of time with my girls and Kat's daughter, which was good.

I did manage to take one of the girls boyfriends out for a quick 10km squirt along the motorway, taking the Murwillumbah turnoff and then heading back to Kingscliff through Cudgen. He is considering a bike and was really taken by the GSX, especially after the ride. I reckon that it is a little too powerful for an inexperienced rider, so gave him an idea of what he should be looking for to start with.

The weekend weather was absolutely perfect for riding and I was quietly kicking myself for not being able to get out. After reading the latest post by Chef on Motorcycle Paradise, I was even more annoyed!! He covers a lot of the roads I also ride and the pictures he takes really capture the essence of what the area is like. Have a read of some of his posts and you will understand how the name for his blog came about.

Oh well, there will be plenty more great weekends to come now the weather is starting to warm up and I am really looking forward to them.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

I will be waiting to read more about your excursions in the warmer weather... it gets colder here in Northern California and most put their bikes away. Fun to read across the world.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Motorcycle Paradise said...

Hey thanks for the kind words Beaker. It was a great weekend for riding, I don't know what those weather forecasters were on saying it would rain Sunday, not a cloud.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home