no rules...no politics...just ridin'

Green Fields

Well I could not really be bothered writing much about this ride - it's been a week since I did it and I feel I have lost the urge to ramble on too much - all I can say is that it was a great couple of days on the road. My baby Cass & I rode with Steveo & Dennita up to Noosa on the Saturday and spent the night at their unit on the Noosa Rver, deviating to a couple of great little pubs along the way. On the Sunday we decided to take the long way back to Brissy via Nanango and so Steveo rang a mate of his whom I had not met, urging him to join us which he and his wife did.

I had only ridden this route via Gympie & Kilkiven once before and believe me, it really is worth the effort. Not a lot of tight, slow stuff - just long straights and sweepers with very little traffic, which allowed me to let the GSX off the leash! The roads have really improved since my last journey out this way and there were a number of slower patches where the local councils were continuing their work, but that wasn't too bad - it's good for all road users in the end.

And you know what made it even better?? Seeing how green the country was - it has been a very long time since I have ridden anywhere this far away from the coast and seen so much green. That's good for the farmers and also for us bike riders, just in a different kind of way!!

I highly recommend this route if you don't like too much of the twist & turn - with all those straights and sweepers it really is a cruisers paradise, allowing for you to test your bike in many different ways. And as with all country runs, the pubs along the way are great as well!

Look......it's Wee Gal on her Nightster!!


Speedmaster Steve "climbing the hill"


This is what we woke up to on Sunday...tough, hey?


Scenery - green & wet at last


Gympie, very early Sunday morning


They kinda look related - Speedster & Nightmaster??


The Suzi Sisters - Bandit and jacket clad GSX


Huh??


Dragline bucket near Nanango - tis very, very big!


The loop we took on Sunday

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Jennette said...

I love the chickadee on the Nightster! What a great place to ride, it's all so beautiful...I am sure you will miss it. At least you still get out!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Beaker said...

Yeah she has only had it for a short while and rides it really well. I even got to ride it, and man they are small but stillpowerful.

And yes KT I will miss riding around this great place - especially the Tasmania trip that the guys are doing next year - but perhaps seeing another country like Kazakhstan will make me appreciate Oz even more!!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Motorcycle Paradise said...

Hey Beaker what was the Blackbutt range like - I want to go ride that one day.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Beaker said...

It is nice - not too much tight slow stuff though, so it can be a fairly quick ride. I think the better part of the loop we did was the stretch from Noosa to Nanango - the roads are good as well as not having too much traffic. After that, the traffic seems to increase and that takes a bit of the enjoyment out of it

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Veronica D said...

Very nice bloog you have here

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home