no rules...no politics...just ridin'

A Total Shock...

Been just over a week since I dropped my bike. Have not had the urge to even talk about it till now.

Was out with the Ozbikers forum last Sunday the 23rd January and somehow I just missed a corner - not speeding, not riding hard, just plain missed the turn. The front tyre touched the soft mud on the side of the road just outside of Chillingham in northern NSW and down she went. Thankfully I ended up missing both the armco and the post that the bike hit, so no damage to me other than pride.

The bike however was a different story - scratched pretty much all down the right hand side with a hole in the clutch cover. One of the other guys picked the bike up, dusted her off and checked that all was ok and I actually jumped back on it for a few kilometers until I realised that it was leaking oil!! We pulled over futher up the track and then realised that it needed towing.

Kind of puts things back into perspective - it happened so quickly and so easily that I reckon I was in shock for a while after. It really doesn't take a lot for things to turn bad.

So now the King is sitting in the shop waiting to be fixed.........


Mud everywhere!!

Snap...


Looking a little worse for wear



Hole in the clutch cover



Thanks to my mate Chris and his lovely lady Donna for the pics and all their assistance at the scene - really appreciate your help guys!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Honda Motorcycles Blog said...

It happen to us all. Scratches on the bike will always remember your crash, but on the other hand, you will have one more story to tell when meeting with the guys.

Cristian

4:30 PM  
Blogger Beaker said...

Too true Cristian - bikes can be easily fixed and Iam thankfull that the only thing hurt on me was my ego!!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous EdWoods said...

Sad to hear that mate. Shit happens, I know, but at least you're okay.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Motorcycle Paradise said...

Glad your ok.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that day, your bike deposited about 3 litres of oil in the back of my ute before I got it off the mount. :)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home